Saturday, August 23, 2014

Time Well Spent

This program has definitely increased my awareness of the impact of positive social change, the importance of building an effective community of practice, and how necessary it is to build relationships with the families that I service at my center.  This program has broaden my insight on how to move from engaging in a local community to a global community.  My new perspective inspires me to build centers in communities where early education and support is needed the most.  My goal is to open a learning center that provides high quality education and services, educational workshops for parents, and accessible family resources and tools in poverty stricken communities so that they will be afforded the same opportunities as children in communities with a higher SES. 

With my goals in mind and even as I reflect on how far we have come in the ECE field, these two quotes inspire me the most:  

“Its not how you start but how you finish”  ~ Zig Ziglar

“What is now done, was once imagined” ~ William Blake


To my Professor and Colleagues,

Special thanks for your devotion, dedication, and commitment to completing the MS ECS program at Walden University.  In addition to the time invested, thanks for having a passion for social change.  I am able to conclude this program, knowing that I have learned from the best in the ECE field.  It was your experience, insight, suggestions, and feedback, that helped me revise my professional goals and find long term ways to be more effective in early learning and developmental practices.  Again, thank you and best wishes.  As we begin new chapters in our lives, I hope our missions are vertically and horizontally aligned so that we may collaborate again.  Below is a link to see the Wordle that I created to express the milestone I have reached, and I'm sure you will relate.  Feel free to reach out to me via this blog or email at shonda.jones@waldenu.edu.  Look forward to see how we all impact the early learning sector!  

Warmest regards,
Shonda Jones


3 comments:

  1. I think your wordle copulates the future mark you will make on the filed of early childhood especially "change" and "devotion." Although, on our own journeys I am reminded that we are still in this together as we become agents of change! I wish you well with all your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very heart felt blog. We share a common goal on opening our own centers and offer the best of the best. I wish you the best in all your set goals and may your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shonda,

    Thank you for sharing such a sincere message. I, too, feel that each individual I encountered throughout this program contributed to my success and learning. We truly formed a Community of Practice. I also feel that I learned a great deal about influencing social change. Before entering this program, I never imagined that I could make a difference that would impact families and children outside of my community. However, I now feel prepared to take action on a greater level. We all hold the potential to create positive social change on a global level. I hope you achieve great success as you continue on your journey! Thank you for being a part of mine!

    ReplyDelete